Friday, August 17, 2007

Blogger Beginnings

Hello Rupert Family


Having seen you all at the reunion reminded me just how hard it is to stay in touch as a family. At one time our unofficial family historian, Laura, would send out a monthly email with all the family news....I greatly enjoyed receiving it....she always had a little trivia and her great sense of humor added a lot it !
SinceI can not convince her to continue sending that ( she is not convinced anyone actually read it, so send her a little note if you did...:) Anyway, I have decided to start this blog to let you know what is going with the "family" ....If anyone wants send me a monthly update on the happenings in their lives I will post it here for all to read.

As for news from our little group:
I started my new part time job on Monday...it is about time....I was actually hired on JULY 13th !! Long story..........This is meant to be a short term job....until I find something clerical and full time. I am working for Mason's Health Care as van driver. I am driving a bus which is about the size of an airport bus or an ambulance. I transport patients from the nursing home to Dr. appointments, therapy, to and from the hospital for various tests, etc. It is a very flexable job, one week I work Mon, Wed, Fri, and the next I work Tues, Thurs, and Saturday. I job share with a gentleman named Jim. It is more physically taxing than I had realized, some of the patients are LARGE people... the first day was difficult on my back, having had disk surgery...but each day gets a little easier..and we are just greatful for the additional income for now.

We had a wonderful visit with Jacob and Autumn while they were here for the reunion.



This visit was way too short to get anything done that Mom really wanted accomplished, such as working on the three Talons we have in our yard. Getting them out of our yard is a big priority only to me...:)
Laura accompanied me to Indy last Monday to take them back to the airport. We all went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum for the day since their plane did not leave until 5:25. That was fun....I highly suggest that you with children take them....It is a bit expensive to get in, $12.50 for adults, I think $7.50 for kids. You do save a little in that you park for free and you can take a picnic lunch with you...They have a few free days a year but imagine it would be crowded. Check them out at http://www.childrensmuseum.org/

Laura and I shopped our way home and arrived back at my house just in time to answer Jake's call that they had just arrived home safely in West Palm Beach...and they had an hour and a half layover in Washington.....!! What can I say??? I know Laura will tell you that it was all ME....but she was a willing enabler....

We also stopped in Kokomo at Buffalo Wild Wings.....yummmmm....... I got started playing electromic Texas Hold Em and beat all the other players in the restaurant....I accumulated $30,750 in about an hour.....wish I could do that for real.....!!!

Our oldest grandson, Ethan, started FIRST GRADE on Wednesday.....wow, these kids are growing too fast.....




And here is a photo submitted by Laura......see how good we all looked at the reunion....If you want to view it better click on it and save it to my pictures and then you can go to my pictures bring it up and using the magnifying glass tool you can enlarge it for viewing......hope that is clear as mud.....teehee.....probably easier to email Laura <foley4314@centurytel.net> and have her send you a copy......
Laura & Jim have added a new member to their family.....they adopted this adorable little girl Betty Lu

She will be a great companion for Owen....Congrats to the Foley's.......


I think I have rambled on enough ......please feel free to post a comment......


See ya soon here on the blog.....Edna




No comments: