Sunday, August 26, 2007

High School Questionaire......

I sent everyone email with this questionnaire....hope to receive your responses soon...in the meantime, here are my answers....

1. Who was your best friend?

Gilda Morgan, unfortunately I have no idea where she is today...In fact, I was very social and had lots of girlfriends..and I have not stayed in contact w any of them......Goes to show ya how in high school you are so worried about what all your peers think of you and how unimportant it really is when we don't interact with most of them in later life.....

2. Did you play any sports?

Since I dislike sports...I think NOT....I hated physical education class....I never showed any athletic talents and did everything to be excused from P.E.

3. What kind of car did you drive?

A 1964 Buick Wildcat convertible...a castoff from my Mom....Unfortunately for me the zip in window in the back no longer worked and was held up with tape ...making the car a two-seater in winter as the back always had snow in it...and then in the spring at first sign of warm weather the top had to come down and it had to aired out for a couple of weeks or it smelled like a laundry basket of clothes left wet for too many days.....oh, and the poor car met it's demise because no one mentioned to me that you had to put oil in it more frequently than when you see smoke......

4. It’s Friday night. Where were you?

At a dance....little know fact about me...I got kicked out of the St Patricks CATHOLIC CHURCH in Ligonier because I wore a midriff top and hot pants to a Friday night dance ( I hear you laughing...yes, I once had a body that would show off hot pants and I knew it and flaunted it....shame shame )....Then we would "cruise the drag" which was basically driving around town (remember gas was around 30 cents a gallon ) which we did until around midnight (that was curfew for anyone under 18 back then), We would ofter congregate at either the laundromat parking lot to chat or all of us would park at Crockett's Dairy Mart to get cherry cokes and if we were flush a cheeseburger or my personal favorite a pizzaburger....

5. Were you a party animal?

Not really, but I had my moments. Like the time I wanted to show off for a then boyfriend who was old enough to buy us liquor...I wanted him to think I was cooler than his drinkin' buds so I drank an entire fifth of Bacardi's 151 Rum in about four big swigs to prove it.....I spent the night with my head in the porcelain throne.....The guys sure thought I was COOL
:( :( That's about the wildest thing I did....

6. Were you considered a flirt?

Looking up at the sky whistling.....remember the hot pants story

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir?

I took one semester of band....played ( or I guess that would more accurately be..played with ) the flute....after the first semester I dropped out as I was more interested in socializing than practicing..
CHOIR...have you ever heard me sing??..can't carry a tune in a basket :0)

8. Were you a nerd?
No

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled?

WELL....now my kids may read this and what will they think....But, honestly, yes.....for skipping school.......

10. Can you sing the fight song?

We didn't have a fight song. And I told you I can't sing and I can't remember all the words either...something like cheer, cheer for ole L-------, bring on the whiskey, bring on the beer.......a verse or two I cannot recall.....for our loyal sons go marching onward to victory..........oh sorry, maybe that was our beer drinkin fight song......

11. Who was your favorite teacher?

Mr. Dailey, who taught Government & Economics...which was a requirement your senior year, you could not graduate until you passed government and econ...not to worry, everyone who had him passed, as he gave open book tests to make sure of that....He was also our Senior class advisor .... He arranged for our class to take a senior government trip to Washington DC....my first trip in an airplane....we flew out early and spent the day doing all the sight-seeing things and flew back that night......Years later when I was an adult in the work force I realized how many hours my grandma had to work in that hot, stinky turkey processing plant so that I could make that trip..Thanks Grandma~I will always love you for that and l remember you often.

12. What was your school mascot?

The L------- Red Raiders and then after schools were consolidated the W---- N---- Chargers

13. Did you go to the Prom?

No...I was stood up for my junior prom ...and at the time devastated....long story made short..my date picked night before prom to run away from home .....I was kinda like a bride left at the alter ..all dressed-up and nowhere to go .....Then my senior year I was dating someone who was older and no longer in school ( back then your date had to be in school to go to prom )....

14. If you could go back, would you?

NO WAY!


15. What do you remember most about graduation?

Being very excited to be done with that part of my life and trying to be very conscientious of my walk during the processional, as I had broken my toe the day before.

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day?

Well everyone went to the Lake Michigan Lakeshore Dunes back then....but I had a job and could not go....Ironic that I got kicked out for skipping earlier but didn't go ahead and skip on Sr Skip Day....

17. Did you have a job your senior year?

Yes. I worked part time Lauer's restaurant and I babysat nights for a single mom who worked second shift....

18. Where did you go most often for lunch?

I either ate the school lunch or my boyfriend Darrell brought me a Sprite and Cheetos ( that is what I would request he bring me , what was I thinking ? you can see my poor nutritional habits started early )......we would sit in his car and talk as my lunch time coincided w his lunch break at work....

19. Have you gained weight since then?

YES....and I ain't tellin" how much....but it is several dress sizes!!!!!

20. What did you do after graduation?

I went to my babysitting job......

21. What year did you graduate?

1970

22. Who was your Senior Prom Date?

see # 13

23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion?

No- I do not have good memories of my time in high school.....so what's the point...I have bettered myself and moved on.....

No comments: